Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Lake Banding Report, 10-22-21

Colin Woolley

Oct 22, 2021, 6:10:26 PM10/22/21
to Colorado Birds
Today we had nearly a 40 degree temperature swing from opening to closing, going from layers of jackets down to t-shirts by the end. If you noticed my intro began with weather and clothing observations you'd be right to assume we had a slower day with regard to the birds; 3 newly banded and 8 recaptures from earlier this season. Here they are:

Black-capped Chickadee - 1 recap
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 1 recap
White-breasted Nuthatch - 1 recap
Oregon Junco - 1 new, 1 recap
White-throated Sparrow - 1 new
Mountain White-crowned Sparrow - 1 new
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow - 3 recap
Song Sparrow - 1 recap

Tomorrow is the final day of the season (we will take the station down at the end of banding). Click here to register to visit - we are offering one-hour slots (up to 12 visitors at a time); 9-10 and 10-11 tomorrow. Come visit us on the final day!

Colin Woolley
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies