Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Chatfield Banding Report, 5/25/22

Meredith McBurney

May 25, 2022, 8:30:37 PM5/25/22
to Colorado Birds
A somewhat busier day than yesterday, but not as busy as I expected - I thought with the rain gone and the sun out we'd see a lot more activity.  But, it was cold and the foliage was still damp for the first couple of hours; most of the activity was in the second half of the morning.  Here's the breakdown of the 26 new birds today:

Western Wood-Pewee 2
Dusky Flycatcher 1
Violet-green Swallow 1
House Wren 1
Swainson's Thrush 6
Yellow Warbler 5 new, 1 banded 2016
Lincoln's Sparrow 3
Bullock's Oriole 1
Lesser Goldfinch 1
American Goldfinch 4

Our last week!  I've been informed that my comment yesterday about the weekend being sold out was mistaken - there are still a few slots available if you're looking for something happy and healthy to do this weekend!   Go here to register.

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Chatfield Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies