Yellow Rail news from Randy Vernon

Nicholas Komar

Jul 24, 2022, 11:20:09 AM7/24/22
to Colorado Birds
Randy Vernon contacted me this morning from Monte Vista NWR to tell me he was able to view one of the singing adult Yellow Rails through a gap in the reeds this morning, at the original parking pullout that Eric DeFonso described. He also heard the second rail singing near the tree further west. He then proceeded east to the next pullout by the pond and heard a third rail singing near the west edge of the pond. No documentation though. If anyone finds any additional singing birds, please try to document these rare birds by recording audio.

Thanks,

Nick Komar
Fort Collins CO