Purple Finch in Boulder

Joyce Takamine

Nov 28, 2022, 2:57:14 PM11/28/22
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Had a male and two female Purple Finch at my feeders.
First saw the male which did not look right for a Cassin’s
Since it did not have the peak on the head.  Then I noticed
two females.  They had very pronounced brown and white
Head pattern and wide stripes on the chest.

Joyce Takamine
Boulder

Joyce Takamine

Nov 28, 2022, 3:59:33 PM11/28/22
to Colorado Birds

People interested in trying for the birds are welcome.  My address is
5449 Omaha Place by the East Boulder Rec center.  The feeders are
In the back yard.  No fence so enter on the west side.    I saw the females
Again a few minutes ago.  Look on the ground

Joyce
Boulder