Bohemians + Cedars - DU (Denver)

Jared Del Rosso

Jan 26, 2023, 5:46:09 PM1/26/23
to Colorado Birds
As eBird shows slightly fewer Bohemian Waxwing sightings up central Denver (DU, Wash Park, Cheesman Park, City Park), I thought I'd share that there were Bohemian Waxwings around the University of Denver campus on Tuesday and today (Thursday). They seemed outnumbered by Cedar Waxwings today, which hasn't been the case lately just 7 miles south in Centennial.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

Douglas Kibbe

Jan 26, 2023, 6:05:34 PM1/26/23
to Jared Del Rosso, Colorado Birds
Jared
We spent the past two days looking for Bohemian Waxwings south of you (i.e.,  mostly in Douglas County).  The only ones found were a flock of 18 east of I-25 and just south of 470.  There were no Cedars with them.
We did find cedars at Redstone Park but the only other Bohemians I saw today were the usual flock (3-400) flying East in Columbine this morning. Yesterday there were at least three large flocks in Columbine and I see them there nearly every day.
Good luck tracking them all down!
Doug Kibbe
Littleton

As eBird shows slightly fewer Bohemian Waxwing sightings up central Denver (DU, Wash Park, Cheesman Park, City Park), I thought I'd share that there were Bohemian Waxwings around the University of Denver campus on Tuesday and today (Thursday). They seemed outnumbered by Cedar Waxwings today, which hasn't been the case lately just 7 miles south in Centennial.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/4d959684-ccd3-4c3c-b068-e70d69da84a8n%40googlegroups.com.