American Woodcock (Larimer) - NOT A RECENT SIGHTING

John Shenot

Nov 20, 2022, 2:31:00 PM11/20/22
to Colorado Birds
Cobirders,

A neighbor just shared a photo of an American Woodcock that he took in our local natural area (Red Fox Meadows) on Dec 31, 2020. The neighbor does not use COBIRDS, eBird, Facebook birding groups, etc. and this bird was never previously reported by anybody - in fact, there were no Larimer County woodcock sightings reported in 2020 or 2021.

I report this sighting because the species is one for which the CBRC wants reports. If the neighbor isn't interested in filling out bird records, and I didn't see the bird, is there anything the CBRC would like done?

John Shenot
Fort Collins, CO

Neighbor Mark - woodcock photo.JPG