New Colorado species

Brandon

Aug 3, 2022, 3:52:54 PM8/3/22
to cobirds
The AOU just announced the split of Eastern Meadowlark into two species.  Colorado has had both, the regular Eastern Meadowlark and the new Chihuahuan Meadowlark.  I don't know if any Colorado county has records of both.  I have Chihuahuan in Pueblo and Baca Counties, and Eastern in Fremont, Chaffee, and Huerfano Counties.  Since Eastern Meadowlark is on the CBRC review list, so hopefully the CBRC will figure out how many accepted records there are for each species.

Brandon K. Percival
Pueblo West, CO
Christmas Bird Regional Editor for Colorado

David Matson

Aug 4, 2022, 10:41:23 AM8/4/22
to Colorado Birds
Hallelulah!

I've been listening to these multiple song types since we moved here in 2018.

David Matson
Huerfano County