Saturday, May 6th, BIG DAY WITH BILL KAEMPFER

Pam Piombino

May 1, 2017, 11:15:26 AM5/1/17
to Nature Net, COBIRDS
This outing is brought to you by Boulder County Audubon

BIG DAY with BILL KAEMPFER

Saturday, May 6, 2017  6 a.m.-5 p.m.

Free, no reservations required, please note the breaks where you can leave the group.  A State Park pass or admission fee is required in some areas and passengers should plan on sharing transportation costs

This date in May provides participants with the opportunity to find returning breeders, some late wintering birds as well as many shorebirds and ducks on their way north to breed.  Who knows what rarities will be spied as you visit many productive habitats given the exceptional skills of Bill and his participants?

Bill asks that the group stays together while on the plains.  This full day will be broken into two halves.  You will first head to Crow Valley, then Jackson State Park and after lunch, the marshes at Lower Latham.  If you choose, you can return home on your own at this point.  You will then proceed to Lyons to bird rich riparian and foothills areas.  Again, you can leave the trip at this point before the rest of the group heads to Allenspark to end the day with higher elevation species.

Please meet promptly at 6 a.m. at the Meadows Shopping Center in front of the Rite-Aid Pharmacy, by Mohawk and Baseline.  Bring sun protection, food for snacks and lunch, water and other beverages..  Dress in layers as you will experience lots of temperature changes.  Wear sturdy footwear and be ready for some hiking. Please plan on carpooling and have a full tank of gas if you will volunteer to drive.  Passengers will be expected to pay the drivers $.15 per mile to cover their expenses, which works out to approximately $15 per person in the car.  Expect 100-125 species for your day of hard birding!

Pablo Quezada

May 2, 2017, 9:33:36 PM5/2/17
to Colorado Birds
I forgot to add that if you could give me a ride, could you email me at quezada...@gmail.com. Thanks again,
Pablo Quezada
Denver, Co

Pablo Quezada

May 2, 2017, 9:33:38 PM5/2/17
to Colorado Birds
Hi everyone,
My name is Pablo Quezada and I'm 16 years ol. I don't have my license yet and was wondering if there's anyone in the Denver area going up to Boulder who could give me a ride on Saturday. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and good birding,
Pablo

Sharon Kay

May 3, 2017, 9:05:08 PM5/3/17
to Colorado Birds, natur...@yahoogroups.com
I live in Greeley. I could meet the group at Crow Valley campground and then drive myself for the rest of the trip. What time do you anticipate being at Crow Valley?

Sharon Kay