Chestnut-sided Warbler, CSR, El Paso Co, Sat

Steven Brown

May 15, 2021, 1:55:33 PM5/15/21
to COBirds
Hi COBirders,

Movement of passerines was a trickle compared to yesterday, and only 13 birds were banded at Clear Spring Ranch, despite it being a beautiful morning.

I am starting to see a lot of imm female birds arriving. Is this signaling the end already??

Today  FOY Chestnut-sided Warbler, SY female (photo below) Only my second banded at CSR, and third overall. The first one was at Chico Basin with Brian Gibbons years ago, and was a female with only ONE chestnut feather, which fell off while we watched! That bird was photographed, and appears in Stephenson and Whittle’s The Warbler Guide ,p 241.

Also FOY Blue Grosbeak male
FOY Clay-colored Sparrows (3,0,
FOY Brown Thrasher, SY,
and FOY - singing Yellow Warblers! - they have been silent until today.

Ok, hoping for more numerous results tomorrow,

Steve Brown
Colo Spgs