Banner Lakes mudflats and info on Highway 52 delays

Patricia Cullen

Jul 18, 2024, 6:40:31 PM (4 days ago) Jul 18
to Colorado Birds
Hello Birders,

Banner Lakes in Weld County, reopened on July 15, and I was out to bird today, found 39 species, no owls, but a wonderful day!

I drove out Highway 52, which has some delays, east of Hudson,

Pond 11 has most of the shorebird action, with large mudflats, and it was
fun to see Blue-winged teal in large
numbers, and many stilts today, and  happy to find Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs  next to each other at pond 11.    Photos here.   Scope would have helped, but I did not bring one.

Chances are there are owls, in the hedge rows, but I missed them, so will go back soon.

Pat Cullen
Longmont, CO