May 2017 SAUS meeting minutes

coalitionsaus

May 10, 2017, 9:35:56 PM5/10/17
to Coalition to Strengthen Austin Urban Schools

Items discussed at the May 2017 SAUS meeting:

  1. failure of the recent Round Rock ISD bond and the impact on the Austin ISD pending bond
  2. May 2017 AISD Bond Planning Community Collaboration Meetings need citizens to attend and participate! We need to be heard!
    1. see AISD facebook events : https://www.facebook.com/events/424633517903633/
  3. the upcoming TUP stages require SAUS members to be active and collaborate on next steps for our campuses, especially this summer
    1. AISD often works in the summer, seeming to take advantage of less active citizens

Upcoming items:

  1. survey / discussion thread re the AISD Bond to determine our opinions -- SAUS will post by Monday May 15 and close on Friday May 26
  2. survey re upcoming concerns of SAUS for Fall 2017 -- SAUS will post in June for review and completion by end July

Save the date!
Coalition SAUS next meeting

Wednesday, Aug 9

at 7pm at Space 12