So You Think You Can Dance [Sneha Rad edition] Take Two

Samir Asthana

Jun 6, 2011, 8:18:06 PM6/6/11
to coalition-of...@googlegroups.com

So….my outlook kind of sucks [yes, I am blaming my computer].  That last email was kind of hard to read, so, I know I’m clogging your inbox, but I thought I should resend it in a more reader friendly format.

Hey everyone,

This coming Saturday, June 11, our very own Sneha Rad will be performing a very unique and impressive performance at the University of Maryland, sponsored by the Indian Student Association.  Please please please make every effort to attend if you are in the area (and even if you are not!)

The purpose of the program is to raise funds for "Guruji’s Medical Center" in Thennangur, India. The group is trying to raise money to buy facilities and medical equipment for the only hospital that surrounds 18 villages. Please visit http://thennangur.com/Medical%20Centre_new.htm for more information on the cause. Attached is a list of equipment and associated costs in rupees.

Sneha will be performing five Indian Classical dance styles during the event: Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi, Kathak, Odissi, and Manipuri.  Five different styles in the same performance! Sneha is a very accomplished Bharatanatyam dancer, and so she is currently working long and hard to learn the latter four styles from wonderful instructors around the area.

Esteemed musician Dr. “Ghatam” S. Karthick will be performing along with a troop of nine other local musicians. Also, University of Maryland’s Bharatanatyam fusion team “Moksha” will be performing at the event.

Please view the attached flier for more details on the venue.

Again, please attend the event, and pass along the invite to interested folks.  I’m sure many of the temples and college groups in the area will find it a rewarding evening.  Please do make sure to post the invite to your temple lists, college lists, etc.  Not only is it for a fantastic and much needed cause, but it will certainly be a wonderful, inspiring performance.

-Samir

June 11th Fundraiser.docx
GMC-equipments.doc