WAVES Conference on Caste - July 29-31 in Piscataway!

Ravindra Jaishankar

Jul 22, 2011, 2:20:02 PM7/22/11
to coalition-of...@googlegroups.com
Namaste CHY members,

Hope that you're having a great summer! Please try to attend this event if you are around NJ. Registration is FREE for students/youth. There will be a Youth Panel on Saturday night and Sunday morning. RIDES and ACCOMMODATION can be arranged!! We hope that you can come and meet other dedicated Hindu Youth!

WAVES (the World Association of Vedic Studies) is holding a conference on Varna, Jati and Kula – India’s Caste System from July 29 – 31, 2011 in Piscataway, NJ. The conference will feature presentations from preeminent spiritual leaders, scholars and community leaders representing local temples and various grassroots organizations from India, the US and other countries. A lively youth forum featuring presentations and roundtable discussions representing voices from the next generation of Hindu-Americans will form a key part of the conference. Featured speakers include Dr. Pranav Pandya (Head, All World Gayatri Parivar), Dr. Subramanian Swamy, Jeffrey Armstrong, Stephen Knapp, Rajiv Malhotra, Dr. Madan Lal Goel, Dr. MG Prasad, Dr. R. Vaidyanathan, Dr. Bal Ram Singh, Dr. Abhay Saxena, Dr. Laljadu Singh. Professor Ved Nanda, and Dr. Shashi Tiwari, among others. Full information about the conference can be found at http://www.wavesinternational.net/spages/Conferencedetails.aspx.

We are particularly interested in having a robust youth forum at the conference and would encourage anyone interested in the topic to participate in the conference, either through giving a presentation or participating in the roundtable discussions at the conference. No prior background in or knowledge of the topic is necessary. Registration is free for students, and discounted accommodations are available; meals will be provided without cost at the conference venue. We are holding a series of conference calls prior to the conference in order to discuss the issues as a warm-up to the conference. If you have any questions or are interested, please contact Aditi Banerjee at bane...@gmail.com or (347) 205-2972.

Thanks,
Ravi Jaishankar
"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy." - Rabindranath Tagore
WAVES Flyer.pdf
WAVES Temple Flyer.pdf