Re: [cs462][coal] AVIRIS neural net paper

Taylor Alexander Brown

Feb 23, 2017, 1:05:17 AM2/23/17
to Heidi, Coal-capstone
In [this
message](https://groups.google.com/d/msg/coal-capstone/Zb3Zvce_-Ig/qluVxh3_AQAJ)
I shared a link to a
[paper](http://www.aaai.org/Papers/FLAIRS/1999/FLAIRS99-057.pdf) that
used neural nets for sensitivity analysis on AVIRIS data.

Keep in mind that if you use a Gaussian classifier as
[suggested](https://github.com/capstone-coal/pycoal/pull/23#discussion_r102640917)
the neural net configuration will be irrelevant.

Taylor

On 02/22/2017 09:50 PM, Heidi wrote:
> Hi Taylor,
> Could you share that paper you referenced in GitHub with me again?
>
> Thanks,
> Heidi

Heidi Ann Clayton

Feb 23, 2017, 1:10:27 AM2/23/17
to Taylor Alexander Brown, Coal-capstone

Thanks again. My inbox is full to say the least.

I just suggested Gaussian as a default for the API. For our script that will actually run this on our mining images, I'm still sticking with Perceptron.