FYI: Teaching patterns using games

Deborah Hartmann Preuss

Apr 6, 2015, 4:42:33 AM4/6/15
to coachr...@googlegroups.com

Hello Coach Retreat folks

This is tangential to Coach Retreat but I immediately thought of this group when I came across http://groupworksdeck.org/activities where the GroupWorks Deck people are using games and facilitations to teach facilitation patterns!

Have a look at this one: rather dojo-like!
http://groupworksdeck.org/they-cooked-and-ate-facilitator-game-untested

I thought it might be inspiring for you.
Enjoy!
Deb

______

Deborah Hartmann Preuss

passionately spreading effectiveness + joy

life coach, team whisperer,
serial instigator,
holding space for change

d...@deborahpreuss.com  |  +49 151/50660940  |  @deborahh

http://abiggerga.me

Yves

Apr 6, 2015, 5:37:59 AM4/6/15
to coachr...@googlegroups.com
Just bought the iPhone app, let's see what it brings

scrambled by yPhone

Yves

Apr 6, 2015, 5:53:51 AM4/6/15
to coachr...@googlegroups.com
It'd useless.
It just mentions names of patterns like
Closing : An activity To close.
Without much information.

scrambled by yPhone

Deborah Hartmann Preuss

Apr 6, 2015, 6:56:19 AM4/6/15
to coachr...@googlegroups.com

I dont have the app, but the card deck.
Like the FearlessJourney cards, the card has justba dummary. They are full patterns though, iirc they are on the groupworks website...

They use the cards in combinations (think "pattern languages") to build up new events or describe methods (like Open Space, for instance). So maybe seeing one at a time on the phone is onlybuseful for someone who already knows the patterns?

You can download the cards online. I wonder if the patterns themselves are downloadable?

______

Deborah Hartmann Preuss

passionately spreading effectiveness + joy

life coach, team whisperer,
serial instigator,
holding space for change

d...@deborahpreuss.com  |  +49 151/50660940  |  @deborahh

http://abiggerga.me

Deborah Hartmann Preuss

Apr 6, 2015, 7:02:11 AM4/6/15
to coachr...@googlegroups.com

The patterns are on the site, organised by name, by category, etc. See here
http://groupworksdeck.org/patterns_by_category

Ex: Closing
http://groupworksdeck.org/patterns/Closing

Like Alexander patterns, there is an image, summary ("heart"), description, examples, related patterns etc.

Deb
______

Deborah Hartmann Preuss

passionately spreading effectiveness + joy

life coach, team whisperer,
serial instigator,
holding space for change

d...@deborahpreuss.com  |  +49 151/50660940  |  @deborahh

http://abiggerga.me

Yves

Apr 6, 2015, 7:11:19 AM4/6/15
to coachr...@googlegroups.com
So they give the patterns for free online and when you pay for an app you get less?
Not really a nice way to do business ...
I really feel ripped off

scrambled by yPhone

Oana Juncu

Apr 6, 2015, 9:38:02 AM4/6/15
to coachr...@googlegroups.com
Great Idea Deb !!

I know the group , as there is an initiative group to translate GroupWorks in french, but I didn't think of that ?.
I'll drill down more into it.
Once again , thanks for the connection
Oana