4/28 - Shark Muscular System

Christopher Fisher

Apr 28, 2014, 9:03:29 AM4/28/14
to coach-fishe...@googlegroups.com
Once you have completed skinning your shark, turn to page 8 and 9 to identify these muscles of the shark:

Myotomes
Epaxial myotome
Hypaxial myotome
Ventral bundle
Pectoral levator

One member from each group will complete the post-lab questions on page 10.

lexiec1133

Apr 28, 2014, 11:46:24 AM4/28/14
to coach-fishe...@googlegroups.com
1. We laid it on its dorsal side vertically
2. We positioned it on its dorsal side
3. We made a incision from the abdometal area to the fins
4. So we can have a better view on how the sharks looks inside
5. We thought that the skin was going to be thick but we found out that it was thin
Alexis B., Marinelle V., Ervin P., Dazarai D., Kieara H.

cameron.htx

Apr 28, 2014, 11:54:14 AM4/28/14
to coach-fishe...@googlegroups.com
Cameron, Isabella, Riley

1. We started it on it's back.

2. Then we rolled it over once they were removed.

3. Tail to head, the whole thing down the middle.

4. So they stayed attached to the shark throughout the skinning.

5. Yes, it's pretty thick. Also very tough.

madisonpendergrass4

Apr 28, 2014, 11:55:11 AM4/28/14
to coach-fishe...@googlegroups.com
Madison, Ryan, Matt, Fabian, Mike

1. Laying on it's belly
2. On it's belly
3. The dorsal fin to the pectoral fin
4.to keep the fins
5. No it's really thin

jumpmjump

Apr 28, 2014, 12:00:58 PM4/28/14

On Monday, April 28, 2014 8:03:29 AM UTC-5, Christopher Fisher wrote:
Once you have completed skinning your shark, turn to page 8 and 9 to identify these muscles of the shark:

Myotomes-these are the segments of muscles in the trunk and tail that are arranged in a uniquie zig-zag pattern
Epaxial myotome- these are the myotomic musicle goups located on the dorsal side
Hypaxial myotome- these are the myotomic muscle groups located below the expaxial muscles
Ventral bundle-the muscles associated with the ventral section of the three middle gill arches. These are aslo constrict othe gill cavities
Pectoral levator-located on the dorsal side of the pectorial fin, they raise the pectorial fin

katrinaatiradoo

Apr 28, 2014, 12:02:11 PM4/28/14
to coach-fishe...@googlegroups.com
Corey, Jaime, Noah, Katrina

1) How did you position your shark to remove the dorsal spines.
- face up
2) How did you position your shark once you removed the dorsal spines
- face up
3) In step two you made an incision from where to where
- bottom of the mouth to the
4) In step 3 and 4 why did you cut around all the fins
- because if we tried skinning the fins, it would remove them and it wouldn't help
5) was the sharks skin as thick at you expected it to be? Why or why not?
- we thought it was a lot thicker than it actually was because they are such big animals and you would think they have thicker skin but they don't