Update: COAA Earthquake Relief for Sichuan Meteorological Services

COA...@gmail.com

May 20, 2008, 3:58:11 PM5/20/08
to COAA SCC
Dear Colleagues,

We have sent out an announcement last Friday for the donation campaign
raise relief fund for our colleagues in the Meteorological Bureau of
Sichuan
Province (MBSP). Currently, seven meteorologists have been confirmed
dead and more injured. There are extensive damages and the exact
situations
in the local meteorological stations are still unclear. Our thoughts
and hearts
go out to the families of the victims, and our colleagues there.

Since last announcement, we have received very positive response from
our
members. Dr. Song Yang has set up a donation channel in the NOAA
NCEP
building. Dr. Kuanman Xu of NASA Langley Center has distributed the
COAA Announcement to more than 30 of his colleagues. Dr. Baike Xi of
University of Maryland, College Park and Dr. Hui Su of JPL have
initiated
discussions with AGU and planed to set up a poster and distribute
flyers of
COAA donation campaign in the upcoming spring AGU meeting. The
flyer and poster will also be posted on the COAA SCC webpages.
Dr. Qin Zhang has promptly design the COAA webpage for the donation.

Please note that this donation campaign is not limited to the COAA
members.
We welcome all Chinese-American, Chinese, and American professional
scientists in U.S. to join our efforts. Please feel free to
distribute our two
announcements to your colleagues.

All donations will be directly used for the earthquake relief. The
donors will
receive a receipt with COAA Tax ID. The COAA SCC Executive Committee
will monitor the fund collection, and update the collection daily on
the webpage.
The accounting book will be reported to the COAA Board of Directors.

Please pass our words, and help those suffered.
You may make your donations through Chinese-American Oceanic and
Atmospheric Association (COAA, Federal 501(3)C):

- by Paypal to account coaa...@yahoo.com, via www.paypal.com,
please Cc email: g...@atmos.ucla.edu
- by Check, payable to “COAA Sichuan Earthquake Relief”, mail to
Ms. Yu Gu, 4810 Deelane Place, Torrance, CA 90503, and send an email
g...@atmos.ucla.edu indicating you have mailed the donation.

Thank you very much!

Yongkang Xue, Chair of COAA SCC
S-K Yang, President of COAA

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/coaascc/web/update-coaa-earthquake-relief-for-sichuan-meteorological-services
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.