Scientific Assessment of Ozone Depletion 2018 report

smcphys...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2019, 4:12:19 AM12/28/19
to Is greenhouse-warming theory physically impossible?
You might be interested in this Ozone report...
Here is the last paragraph from the Executive Summary page 51:
  1. All the scenarios discussed above hasten the ozone layer recovery (CFCs, halons, HCFCs, CH3Br, CCl4, CH2Cland N2O) and reduce warming (HFCs, CFCs, halons, HCFCs, CCl4, and N2O). An additional scenario for emissions that may result from a violation of the Montreal Protocol is shown, namely continuing unexplained emissions of CFC-11 at 67 Gg yr −1, which is the average calculated annual emission from atmospheric concentration observations over 2002–2016. This scenario leads to more ozone depletion and climate warming. Avoiding this scenario would have a larger positive impact on future ozone than any of the other mitigation options considered here.

    And the link to the whole thing:

    report on ozone

    (https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/csd/assessments/ozone/2018/downloads/2018OzoneAssessment.pdf)

    smc

Peter L. Ward

Dec 28, 2019, 11:56:46 AM12/28/19
to Is greenhouse-warming theory physically impossible?

The annual Scientific Assessments of Ozone Depletion are excellent summaries of current observations and current thinking. Unfortunately, current thinking emphasizes greenhouse warming rather than warming due to dissociation caused by absorption of solar ultraviolet B and C radiation by oxygen, ozone, CO2, etc. Greenhouse gases absorb infrared radiation into their bonds. Thus, the more bonds, the more potent the greenhouse-gas is supposed to be. However, I argue that infrared energy absorbed into bonds has no significant effect on atmospheric temperature and has never been demonstrated by scientific experiment to have any significant effect.

SMC Physics

Dec 28, 2019, 10:26:36 PM12/28/19
to CO2Imp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Peter,
I am a high school physics teacher in New Zealand with a long-held sceptical view about CO2 being the causative agent of global warming periods.
Many thanks for your wonderful website. I’m interested in your theory about Ozone depletion linked to climate change, but I seek more clarification about the exact mechanism. I’m also unsure about the ‘radiation by resonance’ heating idea but also find it refreshing. Thank you!
As you point out historical Ozone level changes have clearly coincided with some temperature changes, perhaps caused by man and volcanic events. But questions remain.
Exactly how does an Ozone hole allow more heating of the Earth surface/ocean/lower atmosphere?
Your thoughts about Ozone depletion are most appreciated.

Kind regards and thanks again,
Daniel