Best Paella in Denver?

Sarah Houston

Dec 1, 2007, 2:48:48 PM12/1/07
What restaurant has the best Paella in Denver?

Ivanhoe Martin

Dec 1, 2007, 6:48:33 PM12/1/07
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 13:48:48 -0600, Sarah Houston
<SHo...@pndfnospam.com> mumbled:

>What restaurant has the best Paella in Denver?

Used to be Bahama Breeze, but they folded.

http://www.menusfirst.com/denver/saborlatino.htm

Sabor Latino's Paella
Served only on Fridays & Saturdays!
This wonderful dish is preparted by our chef with passion to bring
together the blend of beautiful flavors. Our paella is prepared with
saffron flavored rice, shrimp, scallops, mussels, grilled orange
roughy, chicken, spanish sausage and ribs, garnished with red peppers
and lemon, served with a basket of homemade dinner rolls.

Dinner for 2 with a bottle of our house wine - $49.95
without wine - $39.95
Dinner for 1 without wine - $19.95

A little bit of Paella History!
Paella is a popular Spanish Dish. The interesting story about this
dish is that the word "PaellaP, was developed from the standard Arabic
word "Baqiyah", which meas Leftovers! However, in Egyptian-Arabic
dialect the word Paella is used. Back in history, when the Arabs used
to rule Spain, the poor fisherman, who used to fish for the rulers,
inaddition to those who worked as servants at the rulers palaces were
allowed to take the leftovers of themajor catering prepared for the
parties and banuqets held by the rulers. Most of the leftover fish,
chicken, and rice were taken away by the poor, who mixed them together
for easier delivery to their homes. With time, the word Paella,
(Baqiyah) became a popular Spanish dish. However at Sabor Latino, you
get if fresh - no leftovers!

1