Anybody alive out there?

Bruce Truxall

Jan 30, 2023, 9:57:45 AM1/30/23
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
I haven't seen any emails from this group for quite a while, so I thought I would see if it still works.

I'm pretty holed up for the winter right now, trying to work in the (cold) garage some and dreaming of Spring and riding again.  I'm also thinking of making a trip down to the Barber festival this Fall (Oct 6-8), and wonder if anyone has been there and has some insight or advice.

Here's a photo to get your juices flowing (at least it does mine).  Can't wait to get back on it when things warm up and dry out.

Bruce T

Grafton Swickard

Jan 30, 2023, 10:46:39 AM1/30/23
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
It still works. Very pretty SRX! Haven't been able to get the bike out since '19 or do any wrenching on the 750 in even longer. :(  Hope you have fun at Barber, if you go!

Cheers!
Graf

--
http://www.vinmoto.org/gallery/v/VinMoto-Garage/CO-OHVinMoto-Garages/
---

Wade Dunham

Jan 30, 2023, 8:45:06 PM1/30/23
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
It's good to hear from you, Bruce. I was thinking about you just a couple of days ago. I've been working sporadically on the XV920RH I bought almost two years ago and have been unable to get it to start consistently. I finally decided to sell it. A nice young couple, both Honda engineers and riders, bought it and will pick it up one evening this week. I'm happy and sad to see it go (mostly happy). I put a significant amount of work and money into it without ever riding it on the road. My main regret is that I spent a lot of time on it that I should have spent on repairing my BSA Thunderbolt that holed a piston over three years ago.

That SRX is a great looking bike. When I first saw one at Mid-Ohio, I thought it was a custom.

I don't think I went to a single bike night last year. Most of the riding I did last year was on the Moto Guzzi Eldorado. It's been a pleasant and reliable ride up until the last ride in the fall. It was running well until I was about 30 miles from home, when it started misfiring. I was able to nurse it home at a slow speed. I parked it and haven't worked on it since. I'm going to look at it soon to get it ready for spring.

I sold my SR500 over a year ago to put the money toward buying Tom G.'s Miata. It's a great little car that's fun to drive. My wife likes to ride in it, so that's a big plus. She can't ride on a bike because of hip problems. Now we can both enjoy a nice drive.

I'm thinking about thinning the herd as I'm getting tired of working on things. If I can do that, I'd like to get a newer bike and keep one or two vintage bikes.

We'll have to get together and have a beer soon. Andy's home for a while and I'm sure the Toms are up for a beer!

Wade Dunham

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 9:57 AM Bruce Truxall <btru...@hotmail.com> wrote:

cle...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2023, 12:23:30 PM1/31/23
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
I noticed the 920 ad....brought back memories.. hope you and Andy doing well

Chris

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 30, 2023, at 8:42 PM, Wade Dunham <waded...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

<image.png>

--
http://www.vinmoto.org/gallery/v/VinMoto-Garage/CO-OHVinMoto-Garages/
---

http://www.vinmoto.org/gallery/v/VinMoto-Garage/CO-OHVinMoto-Garages/
---

Andrew Dunham

Jan 31, 2023, 2:52:29 PM1/31/23
to Co-OhVinmoto
Hey Bruce and everyone,

Good to hear from you guys. I've just been out of town for the Mecum Auctions in Kissimmee, FL for cars and Las Vegas, NV for motorcycles. I don't believe I saw a single SRX-6 there, so I'd say you're sitting (quite literally) on a gold mine Bruce! Lots of other bikes though; almost all of which were overpriced for any person interested in actually riding them.

I haven't been doing much motorcycle stuff recently. Got into Mountain Biking a couple of years ago and have enjoyed the exercise and excitement in that. Dad and I brought my CL450 back to as original as possible and we both really enjoy riding that. I've only got 3 bikes now; still feels weird to say after all of them I've owned. The Honda, a BSA Super Rocket, and a 73' Norton 850 that is currently for sale.

I got married last year and although there haven't been any "sell the bikes now" mandates, the available funds for parts and projects is quite low these days.

Tom Havenar

Jan 31, 2023, 2:58:51 PM1/31/23
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great hope to run into you guys this summer

Tom Havenar

--
http://www.vinmoto.org/gallery/v/VinMoto-Garage/CO-OHVinMoto-Garages/
---

Wade Dunham

Feb 4, 2023, 9:41:26 PM2/4/23
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
Grafton:

Are you having health problems that are keeping you off the bike and out of the garage? Sorry to hear that if that's the case.

Wade Dunham

Grafton

Feb 5, 2023, 10:56:51 AM2/5/23
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Wade!

I’m not, but my wife is. She had a surgery in 2021 that means she can’t bear the weight of a helmet or the physical rigors of riding and we’ve been chasing doctors trying to sort out all the post surgery issues. There just hasn’t been time and I don’t have the garage space at our house to maintain the bike, so it’s still garaged at my old place. Hopefully I’ll at least get over there to pull the carbs this year and make sure it still runs.

Cheers!
Graf

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 10:46 AM Grafton Swickard <gmki...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

kevin krahel

Mar 6, 2023, 12:06:24 PM3/6/23
to Co-OhVinmoto
I'm around.... With new toys. Where/when do people meet these days? It's probably been 8 years since ive attended a bike oriented gathering.

Wade Dunham

Mar 9, 2023, 9:10:20 PM3/9/23
to Columbus VinMoto
Kevin:

Did you go by RevKev or something like that?

I didn't go to any bike events last year, and I think only one the year before when I drove my car there straight from work. That was Vintage Night at Nutter Hardware in Upper Arlington. I never enjoyed the ride there from home, about 20 miles south of Columbus, but enjoyed it when I was there. To me, though, the band seemed to be making the event about themselves, playing louder than I thought was appropriate. I had a hard time hearing conversations at times and didn't like having to talk louder than I wanted in order for someone to hear what I was saying. That kind of killed it for me.

There are several events around town now. The Facebook "Columbus Area Vintage Motorcycle Group" run by Dennis Moore, who organized Nutter, has many members. They have organized several events around town, and is supported by Throttle Company, the Moto Guzzi, Royal Enfield, and vintage bike dealer at 1130 W Mound Street.

I'd like to attend a few events this year, not sure which ones yet. There haven't been any VinMoto meetups for a while. This might be a good year to start again.

Good to hear from you again.

Wade Dunham

Jason Smith

Mar 10, 2023, 8:47:45 AM3/10/23
to CO-OHVinmoto
Some of us are on a Facebook group "Columbus Area Vintage Motorcycle group". I have attached the meet up schedule for 2023. They are headed to Brim's in Kenton this weekend, I believe, obviously sans bikes.

Cheers,
Jason

FB_IMG_1678455900412.jpg

kevin krahel

Mar 30, 2023, 6:28:54 PM3/30/23
to Co-OhVinmoto
I dont do the Facebooks, but good to hear there are events happening. I know about Throttles events and the Gentlemans ride or whatever... I will definitely be at Vintage days. My previous name here was Kevineleven i think. I'll be around for sure

Tom

Apr 3, 2023, 8:06:06 AM4/3/23
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
TomH and I drove to Williams Vintage Bikes in Xenia 2 Friday's ago. They are an Enfield dealer and used bike seller. They did have some nice old bikes on display. The perfect DT360 had Tom and I leaving some drool behind.

Yes, this may be the year to get back into our old bikes again. As hermit as I am I still miss VinMoto.

Tom, quarentined with covid.

Get Outlook for Android