New Vintage Shop in Columbus - Throttle Company

Bruce Truxall

Apr 29, 2021, 9:05:47 AM4/29/21
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
If you haven't already, check out their website.  Looks like my kind of place (except for the prices, but I'm living in the past).  They apparently are into CB500's, and have sold a couple nice ones.  They might be interested in buying a couple of my project bikes for a reasonable price so I can get on to the stuff I really want to work on - I'll have to go talk with them.

Looks like they are having bike nights 2nd Friday of the month 6-9, which means next is May 14th.  But I may take a ride down there before then.  I hope they can sell enough to stay in business for a while.

Also, next Monday May 3rd should be Dublin bike night, and they should have tee shirts this early in the year.  I think I will try to make it over there.  Nutter looks pretty iffy for tonight, but they usually try to have a rain date.

https://throttlecompany.com/
Hours Wednesday: Noon – 9pm Thursday: Noon – 9pm Friday: Noon – 9pm Saturday: 10am -7pm Sunday: Noon – 6pm Closed Monday and Tuesday New Motorcycles We are the Royal Enfield dealer for Columbus, Ohio. We sought out Royal Enfield because the brand embraces its classic roots in motorcycling history. The oldest brand still operating, Royal […]

cle...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2021, 10:33:13 AM4/29/21
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bruce. I’ll throw my two cents in...I’ve had a few interactions with them, mainly because my spouse surprised me on my birthday with a new RE Himalayan purchased there. The team, Ken (owner) Dylan (mechanic) and Nicole (all round getter of things done) have been a pleasure to work with. I understand they’re planning a small swap on the premises in May. It’s a nice shop worth a visit.
Chris L.

Sent from my iPad
--
http://www.vinmoto.org/gallery/v/VinMoto-Garage/CO-OHVinMoto-Garages/
---

Jason Smith

Apr 30, 2021, 10:53:42 AM4/30/21
to CO-OHVinmoto
Yeah, I gone a few times and have had lots of good interactions with Dylan and Nicole. They are part of the Columbus Vintage facebook club. Good people and shop cans do the basics tires, oil etc. Not to be mean but I wouldn't take a bike for anything major, but you guys would never do that anyway. :-)

Wade Dunham

May 1, 2021, 8:35:56 AM5/1/21
to Columbus VinMoto
I have some second-hand experience with them. A little over a year ago my daughter's brother-in-law, Troy, was looking to buy his first bike and his wife Brianna (my daughter's sister-in-law) asked me for help. They had a good budget and I was able to find several good examples of different style bikes on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. I had some newer small cruiser style and standard style bikes and a few smaller (350-450) vintage biles. One of the vintage bikes was a customized CB/CL350 and I told them that was the type of bike I pictured Troy on.

I remembered that Throttle Company had some vintage bikes for sale and suggested that Troy contact them, thinking that if they didn't have anything, they had more time than I did to look for something. As it turns out, Brianna and Dylan from Throttle Company were friends at a previous job. Throttle Company found Troy a mildly customized 1976 KZ400, and last I heard, he was happy with the experience. I was hoping to hear some details of the transaction but have not, but my daughter sent me a pic of the bike shortly after the purchase.

Wade Dunham