Alibi

Tom

Apr 14, 2020, 4:44:29 PM4/14/20
to VinMoto
So, my son broke his collarbone last winter snowboarding. He was off work for a while. He was denied disability pay. When he went to talk to HR the girl kept asking what he was doing on February 30. ??? How does one deal with that?

Grafton Swickard

Apr 14, 2020, 4:52:39 PM4/14/20
to co-ohvinmoto
Politely ask if she's trying to be funny, asking about a non-existent date, or if she's confused as to the month relevant to his inquiry. If there's more than one person in their HR department, talk to someone else.

Just my $.02
Graf

--
http://www.vinmoto.org/gallery/v/VinMoto-Garage/CO-OHVinMoto-Garages/
---

Andrew Dunham

Apr 14, 2020, 5:26:01 PM4/14/20
to Co-OhVinmoto
I would probably say vacationing in the Maldives where he was bit (in the collarbone) by a man eating shark or visiting a Japanese indoor baseball game where he was struck in the collarbone by a foul ball? Those are my go-to's.

The one day a year he could be anyone he wanted or been doing anything he wanted.

Bruce Truxall

Apr 15, 2020, 8:52:27 AM4/15/20
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
If things aren't going smoothly, try to do and get everything in writing, including that question.  I'm actually being serious about this.  Documentation makes everything a lot easier to prove later.

But make sure you know all the rules for disability pay first.  Does he truly qualify?