A D Farrow Downtown closing for good

Bruce Truxall

Feb 6, 2021, 12:28:01 PM2/6/21
to co-ohv...@googlegroups.com
Just got a letter in the mail today announcing that Feb 28 is the last day for the West Broad location.  Even though I couldn't tell you the last time I was in there, I find it pretty sad from a personal standpoint.

Time marches on, and it wasn't really the same anyway.  Ricart Automotive bought Farrows in 2019, and are focusing on their other locations.  "We're Dealin'!".

My best memory from Farrows was going in to sign up for a free track day at Mid-Ohio racecourse.  It was 2007, and Buell was introducing their latest bike, the 1125r (if you are not familiar with it, google it and be amazed at the specs).  I had heard about the free day somewhere and was very skeptical, but went anyway just to see how they would manage to disqualify me.  I even tried to recruit a couple of friends, but couldn't talk anyone into it (!!!).

To my shock, the dealership said sure, here is your ticket, just show up at the appointed day and time.  Long story short (and there is a long story), I went, and it was a total blast - way exceeded my expectations.  The Buell was a revelation, and they allowed way more track time and speed than I expected - multiple sessions.  They also let you to take out your own loosely track-prepped bike (had to pass inspection and wear leathers) when you weren't scheduled on a Buell, and have some more fun - which I did.  All for $0.00.  It wasn't even crowded - still amazes me how so many people could have ignored this offer.