Created a "Styleguide" page

Cesar Torres

Feb 26, 2008, 12:44:35 AM2/26/08
to Co-Company
Tonight I refined the main logo and created secondary and tertiary
marks that we can use as well. I created a page called "Styleguide"
on the page with examples of the three versions and direction on when
to use them.

http://groups.google.com/group/co-company/web/styleguide

Please look these over and let me know what you think. I'm
specifically looking to see how you guys react to "A Collaborative
Company"--both as a concept and visually.

Great meeting today too, by the way. I really appreciate everyone's
enthusiasm (as it just feeds mine) and I look forward to Powerkiting
on Wednesday. ;) 'Til then!
--C

John Erik Metcalf

Feb 26, 2008, 1:42:39 AM2/26/08
to co-co...@googlegroups.com
sllllllllllick
--
John Erik Metcalf
tel: 210.724.3619

david....@302designs.com

Feb 26, 2008, 8:18:50 AM2/26/08
to Co-Company
whoa, killer job cesar! one thing, I thought we decided on a
different slogan?

Matt Revelle

Feb 26, 2008, 9:00:21 AM2/26/08
to Co-Company
Looks good, but the dot logos are a bit reminiscent of the creative
commons logos (also plays on copyright symbol).

Cesar Torres

Feb 26, 2008, 12:02:30 PM2/26/08
to Co-Company
Dave-- I don't think we finalized anything. I couldn't find anything
in my notes. Do you remember coming up with something else that you
liked better?

Matt-- I realized that too after making the design. I don't think
it's such a bad idea though, since I feel like it can stand as a
middle ground between (c) (a symbol representing elite ownership) and
the Creative Commons ideals (well, some of them)--a more flexible and
progressive means of ownership. What we stand to make with the coco.
is something that is uniquely ours ((c)) but that other people can remix
and hack (CC). Do you think this works?

Thanks for the feedback guys--keep it coming!
--C

John Erik Metcalf

Feb 26, 2008, 1:51:57 PM2/26/08
to co-co...@googlegroups.com
it is very akin to Creative Commons. perhaps minus the circle/ring ?

Dusty

Feb 26, 2008, 4:06:06 PM2/26/08
to Co-Company
Nice work Cesar! I love the fact that we have a styleguide. That's
kick ass.

I know we didn't finalize our tag line/slogan, but "A Collaborative
Company" as a play on "co-company" is growing me.

The CO is a bit reminiscent of th CC logo, but I still like it.

Speaking of CC, how do you guys feel about using CC for stuff
intellectual property like this?

One of the following?:
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Creative Commons
Attribution Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike Creative Commons
Attribution-NoDerivs Creative Commons

I'm kind of leaning towards:
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Creative Commons.

Thoughts?
> email: jmetcal...@gmail.com

Cesar Torres

Feb 27, 2008, 12:32:21 PM2/27/08
to Co-Company
The tagline is updated like we talked about. Now we're known as "A
Coworking Company." Check out what I called the "brand etymological
formula" that should break everything down as to why we're choosing to
use the words we're using. Art + direction, that's what I'm known
for, right? ;)

Enjoy.

John Erik Metcalf

Feb 28, 2008, 10:18:30 AM2/28/08
to co-co...@googlegroups.com
yes. you picked the right one. let's roll with it
email: jmetc...@gmail.com