Fwd: Group systems - think tank

John Erik Metcalf

Mar 24, 2008, 2:00:28 AM3/24/08
to co-co...@googlegroups.com
heya,

I was talking to a lady at GSD&M - "Idea City" and she was telling me how cool this "Think Tank" software they use is.
http://www.groupsystems.com/

watch the video - the interface looks totally lame. still, does anyone know of an open source version? does this kind of software work? i mean, gsd&m is going under...

ju...@etcee.com

Mar 26, 2008, 7:47:49 PM3/26/08
to Co-Company
There's a line of tools trying to emerge that kind of fit into the
model of an Innovation Management System (in line with other fine
Three Letter Acronyms like CRM, KMS, ERP, etc.). I don't know about
this one specifically, but I can't convince myself that the problem
with innovation is a "technology problem". Of course we love
technology, but at the end of the day, if 73% of your employees hate
their job and their boss, if they're so isolated and siloed that the
really have no contact with the problem domain, if there's no
reasonable economic motivation for being innovative, innovation just
doesn't happen. This was basically the point of Drew's book--
innovation is a core competency of an organization--not just the job
of Product Marketing and R&D--and it's largely reflected in the
manifest culture of an organization. Unlike supply chains and factory
processes, you can't six sigma your way to innovation.

I love reading this group. You all cover a lot of ground...

Todd

On Mar 24, 1:00 am, "John Erik Metcalf" <jmetcal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> heya,
>
> I was talking to a lady at GSD&M - "Idea City" and she was telling me how
> cool this "Think Tank" software they use is.http://www.groupsystems.com/

David Walker

Mar 26, 2008, 8:06:33 PM3/26/08
to co-co...@googlegroups.com
and we love having you contribute to the group. i like that we're all challenging ourselves to accomplish things in new ways. I wonder how we would scale this conversation, though. for example if there were 500 people in the co-company group contributing ideas and insights what would it be like? what if there were 500,000 people in the group?  hmmmmmmm...is it possible to integrate a process whereby we could eliminate the law of diminishing return

John Erik Metcalf

Mar 27, 2008, 3:21:19 AM3/27/08
to co-co...@googlegroups.com
Wow, Innovation Management System. Shoot me.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 6:47 PM, todd.s...@gmail.com <ju...@etcee.com> wrote:

--
John Erik Metcalf
tel: 210.724.3619

ju...@etcee.com

Mar 27, 2008, 12:14:17 PM3/27/08
to Co-Company
We loves our TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms)... ;-)