National water NGO org requesting support on social media for climate adaptation

1 view

michael.david.dirks

Jul 14, 2021, 6:10:59 PM7/14/21
to CO CCL Social Media Push

Hi All -

I'm reaching out to share an opportunity. Please check out this prominent, national water advocacy group's climate adaptation, equity and resilience survey Twitter post:  https://twitter.com/USWaterAlliance/status/1415364734166122497?s=20

US Water Alliance is the former employer of the current EPA Assistant Director, Radhika Fox. Radhika served as the CEO of the US Water Alliance for many years. The Twitter post is generated from colleague Katy Lackey. She explained through work emails that the US Water Alliance is asking for help with a short turnaround of 7 days. Her deadline is 07/21/21. It might be worth sharing their work as a social media opportunity. They reached out to my colleagues and me with a toolkit of Twitter posts.

As a further step in supporting or amplifying this social media opportunity, please consider modifying any of the following messaging to share in personal social media efforts. Chapter leaders and State CCL leaders may have their own preferences on how to share this information (or not). Thanks for receiving this message as an opportunity, it's not an expectation to act on it. Totally up to you!

Further recommendations from the US Water Alliance:

Climate Adaptation, Equity, and Resilience: We Want to Hear From You!

The US Water Alliance recently launched an effort to streamline equitable climate practices across the water sectoions. We are identifying the most successful actions, investments, and approaches to date that are helping water utilities respond to a changing climate and ensure all communities are resilient. Please take our survey here. For questions or more information on the project, please contact: kla...@uswateralliance.org.

Ideas for Social Media Posts:

  • Calling all water professionals and climate advocates: what actions, investments, and approaches are improving adaptation, resilience, and equity? Tell us here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FL5ZZZ5 #OneWater #ClimateAction
  • We have less than 10 years to meaningfully act on climate. What strategies are working best in the water sector? Let the @USWaterAlliance know here:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FL5ZZZ5 #OneWater #Water #Wastewater #Resilience #ClimateAction
  • Use of climate info and resilience planning has seen a tremendous uptick in water over the past decade. But thousands of utilities have yet to start. What actions have best prepared you for climate change, kept all communities safe? https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FL5ZZZ5 #OneWater #Resilience
  • Robust #ClimateAction is of the utmost importance in securing an equitable, sustainable water future. We're looking to accelerate the most promising investments and approaches to date. What's working in water? Take the @USWaterAlliance survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FL5ZZZ5 #OneWater
  • #ClimateChange is first and foremost felt through water. Impacts are compounding, and show up most profoundly in BIPOC, low-income, and other vulnerable communities. How are your utilities and organizations addressing this? https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FL5ZZZ5 #OneWater #WaterEquity
  • Water and climate champions! We want to hear from you! Tell the @USWaterAlliance what actions or investments are making your utilities and communities more resilient and equitable: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FL5ZZZ5 #ClimateChange #OneWater