Re: FYI--Manchin Compromise--Inflation Reduction Act--Energy, Security and Climate Investments--One Page Summary

1 view

David Kline

Jul 28, 2022, 12:55:04 PM7/28/22
to Susan Secord, Discussion Boulder CCL, Colorado CCL Leaders, CO CCL Social Media Push
Boulder compatriots, CO CCL Leaders, & Media team,

In the short run, I suggest that as many of us as possible thank Sen. Hickenlooper. He is called out in this Politico article as one of a small handful of senators who have kept in touch with Manchin in the recent weeks, since the apparent death of the reconciliation package.

which says "Sens. Tina Smith of Minnesota, John Hickenlooper of Colorado, and Chris Coons of Delaware were among a small group of Democrats who, along with their staffs, kept up discussions with Manchin and his aides in recent weeks."

Best, David

On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 10:37 AM Susan Secord <sase...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm passing this along, with thanks to Leslie for sending it.  There's a one-page summary and a 4-page description of the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act (Manchin approved bill)

According to an AP News article, the Senate will consider the package next week. Not everything we were hoping for, but so much more than what we have. Fingers crossed,

Susan

Jul 28, 2022, 2:27:55 PM7/28/22
to David Kline, Susan Secord, Discussion Boulder CCL, Colorado CCL Leaders, CO CCL Social Media Push
Here is a thank you tweet to link and share: https://twitter.com/CCL_CO/status/1552722337400688640

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CO CCL Social Media Push" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/co-ccl-social-media-push/CAOawY%2Bk%3DO1WBmaTf0%2BCV_TiMBNG8sV38x48XMgFSjEjbh_7Aug%40mail.gmail.com.

David Kline

Jul 28, 2022, 3:51:55 PM7/28/22
to Susan Secord, Discussion Boulder CCL, Colorado CCL Leaders, CO CCL Social Media Push
PS: NY Times, citing "Democrats and climate activists" credits Hickenlooper with keeping the discussion with Manchin alive.

"Several Democrats and climate activists credited Senator John Hickenlooper of Colorado with helping to keep open the lines of communication with Mr. Manchin."

Best,
David