Sign this petition: Stand with Elizabeth Warren and Say No to a Wall Street Banker for Treasury Undersecretary

Sheila Cohen

Dec 3, 2014, 3:06:58 PM12/3/14
to CNYCPR@googlegroups.com Schultz, stan scobie Scobie, Sheila Cohen
Hi,

President Obama has nominated Antonio Weiss, a Wall Street investment banker, to be the next Treasury Undersecretary for Domestic Finance. Senator Warren opposes his nomination — and we agree with her that we shouldn’t have Wall Street bankers overseeing Treasury’s work supervising banks and protecting consumers.

Weiss advised Burger King’s acquisition of Canadian chain Tim Horton’s, a “tax inversion” deal that lets corporations avoid paying their share of taxes by paying another country’s tax rate. This summer President Obama called tax inversions an “unpatriotic tax loophole.”

Read more here: http://www.vox.com/2014/11/14/7220067/antonio-weiss-elizabeth-warren

That's why I signed a petition to The United States Senate and President Barack Obama.

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/stand-with-elizabeth?source=s.em.mt&r_by=358101

Thanks!