CNSP-24, K6RPT-11 Circumnavigation of the world

Ron Meadows

Apr 28, 2015, 12:35:02 AM4/28/15
to cnsp-...@googlegroups.com

CNSP-24, K6RPT-11 Circumnavigation of the world on 04/27/2015

OE8SOQ Helmut

Apr 28, 2015, 5:11:29 AM4/28/15
to Ron Meadows, cnsp-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, Ron, et all,

Is this image new? I must have missed your announcement! Congratz, now you just can do any circumnavigation of our globe anytime you want! Almost routine!

Please let me know when you plan to do the next one, I love to track the balloon from this side of the pond :-)

vy 73 de
DG7DXX & OE8SOQ
ex KG6ERZ

Mike Manes

Apr 28, 2015, 9:48:34 AM4/28/15
to Ron Meadows, cnsp-...@googlegroups.com
Congrats, Ron!
73 de Mike W5VSI

On 4/27/15 22:35, Ron Meadows wrote:

> CNSP-24, K6RPT-11 Circumnavigation of the world on 04/27/2015

Michael Wright

Apr 28, 2015, 10:45:34 AM4/28/15
to cnsp-...@googlegroups.com
What's fascinating is the amateur aspect of long duration balloon flights. Observing global wind patterns, comparing actual to predicted flight paths, and seeing what countries have participating APRS I-gate stations.

Though not technically circumnavigating the world, need to fly along equator or go from northern to southern hemisphere. I think this is encouraging other amateurs to do the same, and others have.

Mike K6MFW

Ron Meadows

Apr 28, 2015, 10:58:35 AM4/28/15
to cnsp-...@googlegroups.com

I attached a picture of the flight path

On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 9:35:02 PM UTC-7, Ron Meadows wrote:

CNSP-24, K6RPT-11 Circumnavigation of the world on 04/27/2015

CNSP-24 #RTW.jpg