Upcoming CNPS SCV Events and Activities - June 14, 2022

CNPS-SCV News

Jun 15, 2022, 2:33:45 AM6/15/22
to CNPS-SCV News
Dear friends,
Check out our chapter's upcoming events:

[1] Grouse Ridge Lake Basin Backpack (Nevada County)
Thursday - Sunday Jun 16 - 19

Join Joe Cernac and Ken Himes on this backpacking trip to this lake basin area in the northern Sierra plateau just north of I-80 at State Hwy 20. Bounded on the west and far east by volcanics, the central area is glacial-scoured granite with abundant larger and smaller lakes. We hope this date will coincide with early Sierran blooming flora, with possible purple fawn lily (Erythronium purpurascens) at Grouse Ridge Lookout peak. We will have two full days of exploration, which means three nights camping. We’ll park our cars at a nearby trailhead then backpack less than 2 miles, with a 300-foot climb, to our campsite.

This trip is for CNPS members only (please ensure your membership is up to date or join). Space is limited and registration is required.

For more information and to sign up please contact trip leader Joe Cernac at (408) 499-2515 or joecernac @ sbcglobal.net. Trip details will be sent to registered participants closer to the date.

Questions about any of the events? Do not reply to this email - instead, please direct your questions to: info @ cnps-scv.org.

For more information about chapter activities, be sure to check the latest Blazing Star and our chapter website - cnps-scv.org. We also recommend joining our Meetup group to receive a notification when we schedule new activities, including field trips.  Not a member of CNPS yet? Join here.

California Native Plant Society, Santa Clara Valley Chapter
Find us on the web at cnps-scv.org, and follow us on FacebookMeetupInstagram, and Twitter.