Monthly Newsletter

Community Nutrition Partnership

Feb 8, 2011, 3:21:37 PM2/8/11
to cnpme...@googlegroups.com
_____

CNP Monthly Newsletter

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Volume 1, Number 1

In This Issue

· Cooking Matters Fundraiser a Success!

· Volunteer Interest Meeting

· Upcoming Committee Meetings

Check us out online!

<http://www.cnpnc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=12&Itemid=18> CNP News

Stay up to date with the latest CNP News and Events

<https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=xhGinWUdRZdGEzDRRIZEtj03KSv64zVrh1kyW7QN4ZTklotTywB0BioCdyG&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8df1d2b5c147af55b8d54f2944c97d2a2a> Donate Securely with PayPal

E-mail us if you want to donate supplies, food, cash or checks instead.

<http://www.cnpnc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30&Itemid=2> Volunteer

Learn more about volunteer opportunities with CNP including being a Chef or Nutritionist for Cooking Matters Classes

<http://www.cnpnc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22:cooking-matters&catid=17&Itemid=36> Cooking Matters

Learn about the cooking and nutrition classes offered by CNP. Apply to be a host site or suggest a place we should be offering classes.

Coming Soon

· Healthy Seasonal Recipes

· Ask Aimee answers your most burning nutrition questions

Contact Us

<http://www.cnpnc.> http://www.cnpnc.org

<mailto:in...@cnpnc.org> in...@cnpnc.org

<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Community-Nutrition-Partnership/181579698536318> Description: Facebook Image

Dear CNP Members and Followers,

You may have noticed that you no longer receive updates from our blog. That’s because we are moving up in the world- CNP now has a “fancy” new website <http://www.cnpnc.org/> . In order to stay in touch with all of our volunteers, supporters and other followers, we will be posting news and events on our website. We will still send out periodic reminders and updates through our Google group listserv, but we hope that this newsletter will become a more consistent connection to what’s going on with CNP. CNP Members can still use our listserv to share pertinent info related to nutrition, local food, and food access. We also encourage you to follow us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Community-Nutrition-Partnership/181579698536318> for more up-to-the-minute info and news.

Cooking Matters Fundraiser a Success!

Thank you to everyone who came out and helped to make our fundraiser a great success. We really appreciated all of the support and the donations. We couldn't have made this possible without the help of all the volunteers who put this together. They cooked up a ton of great seasonal food including the show-stopper: pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting with the CNP logo decorated on top.

Check out more photos on Flickr <http://www.flickr.com/photos/59289593@N06/sets/72157625878457535/>

Thanks also to Bowbarr who was an awesome host- they offered some great drink specials and the proceeds from the sale of these drinks went to CNP!

We have finally finished going through all of the donations and are pleased to say that we have received almost all of the cooking supplies that we need to run our cooking matters classes. If you wanted to donate, but were not able to make it to the fundraiser, you can check out donation <http://www.cnpnc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=23&Itemid=29> page for a list of things we still need.

Since we started advertising our fundraiser in December, we have raised enough money to support three Cooking Matters class series. We start our first Cooking Matters class with a group of teens at the South Estes family resource center <http://www.cnpnc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50:chtop-is-first-cm-host-site&catid=12&Itemid=18> in Chapel Hill on February 9th. Chapel Hill Training and Outreach Project is our gracious host and partner for this class series. We can't wait to get started!

<http://www.cnpnc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59:cnp-fundraiser-a-success&catid=12:cnp-news&Itemid=18> Read the full story on our website

New Volunteer Interest Meeting

Looking to learn more about the Community Nutrition Partnership? Want to join our board or planning committee? Interested in leading a Cooking Matters class? Then join us…

Who: Anyone interested in learning more about CNP or becoming a volunteer.

What: We will review the organization and current opportunities including leading Cooking Matters classes.

Where: Chapel Hill Public Library’s Large Meeting Room in the basement, 100 Library Dr. Chapel Hill, NC 27514

When: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 @ 6:30 pm.

Why: Because there will be free healthy snacks!

Upcoming Committee Meetings

Description: C:\Users\Leone1\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\3F5CE446\MC900434804[1].pngNutrition Education and Outreach Committee

Thursday, February 10, 2011 @ 6:30 pm.

This committee helps run the Cooking Matters program and other activities related to cooking and nutrition education in our community.

Partner and Producer Relations Committee

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 @6:30 pm.

This committee is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our food suppliers and community partners.

<http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=nprestaurant%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York> Check out our calendar for more information.

image005.jpg
image003.png
image008.png