Greenpeace is looking for a passionate webby/netizen like you to be our Web Manager, who is responsible for managing a team of 4 people to develop effective online communication strategies for Greenpeace campaigns and build public support for the organisation and our environment.
- lead and manage the staff and budget of Web Unit based in Beijing.
- get to know a lot of Greenpeace webbies around the world, and be part of the global workforce of Greenpeace online campaigns.
- develop and lead the implementation of effective and innovative online communications, marketing and public engagement strategics for Greenpeace and its environmental campaigns in China.
- lead the team to manage our website and social media presence well, and engage the public through them.
- develop internal procedures and protocols to ensure consistency and accuracy of web and online media contents, and efficient operation of the Web Unit.
- oversee and ensure that the technical infrastructure and useful tools for online communications are in place.
- believe that small number of people can make a big difference;
- are passionate for the internet and how it shapes our life;
- know the trend of web tools and community in China;
- are creative but at the same time willing to use your innovation to generate pragmatic results and achieve measurable targets.
And if you have the following skills/qualifications:
- bachelor degree or above
- at least 5 years of experience in new media and other related communications, including 2 years of management experience
- excellent written and spoken Chinese, fluent written and spoken English.
- ability to manage multiple simultaneious projects and to meet tight deadlines, including a flexible mindset regarding working hours.
- experience in creative writing and editing
You are most welcomed to apply for this position and join us!