Re: [cmunell] Digest for cmunell@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Barry Robson

Nov 5, 2016, 7:34:08 PM11/5/16
to cmu...@googlegroups.com

The mathematics is important. Is anybody interested in working on the mathematization of semantics and natural language with regard to  NELL interchangeability with the QEXL Q-UEL language  consortium of universities and small companies with a particular focus  on healthcare and biomedical research? Academic, and no conflict: there is complementarity rather than overlap with NELL: Q-UEL is a probabilistic semantic system based on the Dirac Notation and algebra. We promote or ideas not push our system, working towards a probabilistic semantic web as a Thinking Web, first for healthcare and biomedicine. After six years as Strategic Advisor to IBM Research based at T. J. Watson Research Center and an IBM Distinguished Engineer, and then five as Chief Scientific Officer, IBM Corporation,   I am now retired and working in public health and wish to work openly toward this ideal using an open free approach with high performance computing coming from distribution across the Internet.

1. B. Robson and S. Boray, Data-Mining  to Build a Knowledge Representation Store for Clinical Decision Support.  Studies on Curation and Validation based on Machine Performance in Multiple Choice Medical Licensing   Examinations”, Computers in Biology and Medicine 73:71-93 (2016).
2. B. Robson, Studies in Using a Universal Exchange and Inference Language for Evidence Based Medicine. Semi-Automated Learning and Reasoning for PICO Methodology, Systematic Review, and Environmental Epidemiology, Computers in Biology and Medicine, in press, available in preliminary electronic form from the journal at https://authors.elsevier.com/TrackPaper.html ?trk_article= CBM2518&trk_ surname= Robson
3. Robson, B, and Boray, S. (2015), Interesting Things for Computer Systems to Do: Keeping and Data Mining Millions of Patient Records, Guiding Patients and Physicians, and Passing Medical Licensing Exams. Proceedings of the IEEE International conference of Bioinformatics and Biomedicine, 9th-11th November, 2015.

4. B. Robson, and S. Boray, Implementation of a web based universal exchange and inference language for medicine.  Sparse data, probabilities and inference in data mining of clinical data repositories. Computers in Biology and Medicine, 66, 82-102 (2015).

5. S. Deckelman, and B. Robson, B.  Split-Complex Numbers and Dirac Bra-Kets”, Communications in Information and Systems (CIS), 14:3, 135-149  (2015)
6. B. Robson “Hyperbolic Dirac Nets for Medical Decision Support. Theory, Methods, and Comparison with Bayes Nets” Computers in Biology and Medicine, in ;51:183 (2014).

7. B. Robson, POPPER, a Simple Programming Language for Probabilistic Semantic Inference in Medicine.” Computers in Biology and Medicine, 56: 107 (2014).

8. Suggestions for a Web Based Universal Exchange and Inference Language for Medicine. Continuity of Patient   Care with PCAST Disaggregation. Computers in Biology and Medicine, 56:  51 (2014).

9 . B. Robson, T.  P.  Caruso, T, and U.   G. J. Balis,  Suggestions for a Web Based Universal Exchange and Inference Language for Medicine, Computers in Biology and Medicine,1;43(12):229 (2013).

10.B. Robson and T.  P. Caruso (2013) “A Universal Exchange Language for Healthcare” MedInfo ’13: Proceedings of the 14th World Congress on Medical and Health Informatics, Copenhagen, Denmark, Edited by Lehmann,  Ammenwerth, and Nohr. IOS Press, Washington, DC, USA. http://quantalsemantics.com/ documents/MedInfo13-RobsonCaruso_V6.pdfhttp://ebooks.iospress.nl/publication/ 34165

11. B. Robson, Towards New Tools for Pharmacoepidemiology, Advances in Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety, 1:6, http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2167-1052.100012 (2013).

12. B. Robson, Towards Automated Reasoning for Drug Discovery and Pharmaceutical Business Intelligence. Pharmaceutical Technology and Drug Research, 1: 3 (2012).

13. B. Robson, R. Dettinger, A. Peters, and S.K.P. Boyer, Drug discovery using very large numbers of patents: general strategy with extensive use of match and edit operations” J. Computer Aided Molecular Design 25(5)  427 (2011).
14. B. Robson, The New Physician as Unwitting Quantum Mechanic: Is Adapting Dirac’s Inference System Best Practice for Personalized Medicine, Genomics and Proteomics?” J. Proteome Res. (Am. Chem. Soc.).2007.  Vol. 6, No. 8: 3114 (2007).
15. B. Robson, “Towards Intelligent Internet-Roaming Agents for Mining and Inference from Medical Data”, Future of Health Technology Congress, Technology and Informatics. IOS Press, 149, 157 (2009).
16. B. Robson, Links Between Quantum Physics and Thought, Future of Health Technology Congress, Technology and Informatics,. IOS Press, 149, 157 (2009).

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 11:59 AM, <cmu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
amir.ja...@gmail.com: Nov 02 05:10PM -0700

Dear researchers,

Greetings,

I am a student of Prof. Estevam Hruschka in Brazil. I watched the
video lectures and read the existing papers about NELL. However, these
resources do not talk about the mathematical basis of NELL (they try to
give a general understanding of never ending learning). I was wondering if
there is a document that describes the architecture of NELL more in depth,
specially from a mathematical perspective. If so, how can I have access to
this document or any other resource that describes the *mathematical basis*
and the architecture of NELL in details?

I would appreciate you if you could help me to get a better understanding
of NELL.

Warmest Regards
Bryan Kisiel <bki...@cs.cmu.edu>: Nov 03 02:15PM -0400