different ids indicates "different" entities?

Wang Sibo

Jun 21, 2016, 1:23:24 PM6/21/16
to NELL: Never-Ending Language Learner
Hi, everyone,

I checked the NELL dataset and have some questions regarding the entities.

For example, I have two rows say:

concept:person:A hasdaught concept:female:B

concept:female:B hasfather concept:male:A

Does this indicate that A uniquely identify an entity?  Or "concept:person:A" together uniquely identify an entity, and hence "concept:person:A" and "concept:male:A" are actually regarded as different entities?

I have this question because I have a gut feeling that the former is correct but I read a paper in WSDM 2015 titled "Automatic Gloss finding for a knowledge base unsing ontological constraints", it seems that the latter is true for NELL.

In particular, they gave example using "apple". This keyword with different categories indicates different entities.

The used example is "concept:company:apple"  and "concept:fruit:apple"

However, I searched the NELL dataset, there does not exist such an example. And the entites actually are distinguished by using different names like apple_fruit, apple_company.

Anyone from NELL could help a little bit to explain?  Really appreciate~

Thanks!