A detailed document about NELL

amir.ja...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2016, 1:17:46 PM11/3/16
to NELL: Never-Ending Language Learner
Dear researchers,

Greetings,

     I am a student of Prof. Estevam Hruschka in Brazil. I watched the video lectures and read the existing papers about NELL. However, these resources do not talk about the mathematical basis of NELL (they try to give a general understanding of never ending learning). I was wondering if there is a document that describes the architecture of NELL more in depth, specially from a mathematical perspective. If so, how can I have access to this document or any other resource that describes the mathematical basis and the architecture of NELL in details?

I would appreciate you if you could help me to get a better understanding of NELL.

Warmest Regards

Bryan Kisiel

Nov 3, 2016, 2:15:46 PM11/3/16
to NELL: Never-Ending Language Learner
Hi Amir,

The two overview papers at the top of
http://rtw.ml.cmu.edu/rtw/publications (AAAI10 and AAAI15) are the most
complete whole-system descriptions of NELL.

While we have always intended for iterations of NELL to approximate
iterations of EM, in practice it is significantly different and not as
close as we would like to make it. One of the more significant
deficiencies comes from the Knowledge Integrator (also sometimes called
MBL), which has been touched on in a few of the recent threads in this
group.

If the above is to abstract, I can get further into exactly what
calculations are being used.

bki...@cs.cmu.edu

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016, amir.ja...@gmail.com wrote:

> Dear researchers,
>
> Greetings,
>
> I am a student of Prof. Estevam Hruschka in Brazil. I watched the
> video lectures and read the existing papers about NELL. However, these
> resources do not talk about the mathematical basis of NELL (they try to
> give a general understanding of never ending learning). I was wondering if
> there is a document that describes the architecture of NELL more in depth,
> specially from a mathematical perspective. If so, how can I have access to
> this document or any other resource that describes the *mathematical basis*
> and the architecture of NELL in details?
>
> I would appreciate you if you could help me to get a better understanding
> of NELL.
>
> Warmest Regards

Amir Jalilifard

Jan 8, 2017, 12:50:35 PM1/8/17
to NELL: Never-Ending Language Learner
Dear Bryan,

I appreciate your response. I will read both papers again and in case of having any doubt, I will ask you here.

Best regards