cmp stuck at MAP-MRI but no error message given

Isotta Rigoni

Apr 13, 2021, 6:13:01 AMApr 13
to cmtk-users

Good morning,
I have downloaded ds-sample (https://zenodo.org/record/3712762#.YHVtQBKxVH4) to try to run the anatomical and diffusion pipeline on a known-database. The anatomical pipeline runs fine, but then it gets stuck when running dipy_mapmri:

210412-22:33:59,304 nipype.workflow INFO:
     [Node] Running "dipy_mapmri" ("cmtklib.interfaces.dipy.MAPMRI")
210412-22:34:23,903 nipype.interface INFO:
     Fitting MAP-MRI model

As you can see form the log.txt (extract above), the software has been stuck at this point for more than ten hours without giving any error message: is this normal or is something going wrong?

What can I do to debug the process (other than looking at the log.txt file)?

Best wishes
Isotta

Isotta Rigoni

Apr 16, 2021, 5:45:12 AMApr 16
to cmtk-users
Regarding the issue I raised above, I have an update.
The cmp has finally given an error that looks like a repetition of the following messages:

/opt/conda/envs/py37cmp-core/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dipy/reconst/mapmri.py:428: UserWarning: Optimization did not find a solution
  warn('Optimization did not find a solution')
ERROR in validate_data: Lower bound at index 77 is greater than upper bound: inf > 1.0000e+30
ERROR in osqp_setup: Problem data validation.

I am a bit confused as of what could have gone wrong since I used the data and configuration files of the released dataset.
Is it possible that, since the dataset is one year old, those configuration files do not work anymore on the new update of the cmp?
Or is it more likely that something is still wrong about my installation of the cmp?

Thanks again,
Best wishes,
Isotta

Isotta Rigoni

Apr 30, 2021, 4:08:59 AMApr 30
to cmtk-users
Good morning,
the issue above has been solved by disabling the option 'map-mri'. The .dwi file shared in Zenodo is obtained via DSI and the Mean Apparent Propagator can be calculated only for DTI files.
Isotta