#21 - Dynamic light scattering investigations of the kinetics of cluster growth in fullerene C60 solutions.

CMR Posters

Oct 10, 2020, 2:23:44 PM10/10/20
to CMR @ IBR-2 Conference: Poster session
Poster title: Dynamic light scattering investigations of the kinetics of cluster growth in fullerene C60 solutions.
Poster author: Jargalan N.
Link to the poster: https://indico.jinr.ru/event/1165/attachments/8037/11871/Poster_Jargalan_Carbon_based_materials.pdf

ak mi

Oct 15, 2020, 3:03:47 PM10/15/20
to CMR @ IBR-2 Conference: Poster session
Thank you very much for your interesting investigation poster!

I have a number of questions about it:
1) Why are the t_max for ClBz and toluene in 7th slide so different?

2)  Did you calculated the alpha constant in slide numb. 7  and do you have suggestions about the existence of two different regimes of cluster growth ?

3) Does the explanation of this light-exposition effect for fullerene C-60 exist?

Avdeev Mikhail M., MSU

суббота, 10 октября 2020 г. в 21:23:44 UTC+3, cmrpo...@gmail.com:

timurtropin

Oct 21, 2020, 6:47:25 AM10/21/20
to CMR @ IBR-2 Conference: Poster session
Dear Mikhail, thank you for the questions!

I will first answer question #3:
3. Presently, fullerene oxidation under light exposure remains a strong hypothesis for description of cluster growth in low-polar fullerene solutions ( see https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021979715000326 and Refs. therein). In our experiments we also clearly see, that if the solution is kept sealed and in the dark, we exclude cluster growth for long periods of time.

1. The kinetics of clusters growth depend on solvent properties, e.g. viscosity, dielectric constant, etc. Also (see answer #3), the oxide formation should depend on some of the solvent properties. One of our present goals is to construct a theoretical model of kinetics of cluster growth which will account for differences of these solvents.

2. There's not much points at this part of the graph, and the slope is not that clear. ~0.7 +- 0.2 may be the best estimate. This is an initial regime, which is observed in several theories.