#84 - Comparison of local and global texture in friction stir processed aluminum alloys.

CMR Posters

Oct 10, 2020, 1:15:10 PM10/10/20
to CMR @ IBR-2 Conference: Poster session
Poster title: Comparison of local and global texture in friction stir processed aluminum alloys
Poster author: Dymek S.
Link to the poster: https://indico.jinr.ru/event/1165/attachments/8037/11908/Poster_Wrobel_Crystallographic_texture_formation.pdf

Tatiana Ivankina

Oct 12, 2020, 8:12:02 AM10/12/20
to CMR @ IBR-2 Conference: Poster session
It's difficult to compare pole figures measured by neutron and X-ray diffraction. Nothing is visible on neutron diffraction PF. No numbers.

mirek wrobel

Oct 14, 2020, 3:41:28 AM10/14/20
to CMR @ IBR-2 Conference: Poster session
Indeed, the description of neutron PF levels should be clearer. We'll fix it. However, in this poster our aim was to show the difference in symmetry between the global PFs (i.e., neutron) and the local (XRD) PFs, and this can be seen. We have more XRD PFs from different areas. As expected, they show that the symmetry of the global PFs is of the same type as for the "sum" of the set of corresponding localized PFs,   but to characterize the global texture the set of XRD PFs must be much more numerous than was expected.