cmockery maintainer, development and license

Andreas Schneider

Jan 6, 2011, 3:38:57 AM1/6/11
to Cmockery
Hello,

is cmockery still actively developed and has a maintainer? I really like
cmockery. I would like to improve it but at the moment it looks like it is a
dead project.

Would it be possible that someone takes over the project?

The COPYING file in the source directory shows the BSD License, the website
and the source code state that it is Apache License 2. I think the COPYING
file should be updated.

Cheers,

-- andreas

Stewart

Jan 6, 2011, 10:53:10 PM1/6/11
to cmoc...@googlegroups.com
Cmockery hasn't been updated in quite a while since the two of us who.started the project have been snowed in by other work. It's not dead, we still use it and so do others. If you have changes to.contribute I suggest joining the project then create a branch to.develop in. Submit your changes for review and assuming they work OK we can merge them into the main tree.

Andreas Schneider <a...@cynapses.org> wrote:

Andreas Schneider

Jan 7, 2011, 4:01:03 AM1/7/11
to cmoc...@googlegroups.com, Stewart
On Friday 07 January 2011 04:53:10 Stewart wrote:
> Cmockery hasn't been updated in quite a while since the two of us
> who.started the project have been snowed in by other work. It's not dead,
> we still use it and so do others. If you have changes to.contribute I
> suggest joining the project then create a branch to.develop in. Submit
> your changes for review and assuming they work OK we can merge them into
> the main tree.

Hi Steward,

as cmockery is a multiplatform library and I want to use it on Linux, BSD and
Windows, so I've started to build cmockery using CMake.
CMake [1] is a multiplatform, compiler-independent meta build system. It
supports GNU Makefiles, XCode, MinGW and Visual Studio.

You can find my work here:

http://git.cryptomilk.org/users/asn/cmockery.git/log/?h=cmake

Build instruction:

git clone --branch cmake git://git.cryptomilk.org/users/asn/cmockery.git
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make

I've added a def file to get a working library on Windows and use CPack (part
of CMake) to create binaries as a zip file and a NSIS installer for Windows.
See

https://milliways.coderausch.org/~asn/cmockery/

Cheers,

-- andreas