alfresco5 sync not into Site

Piet Honkoop

Oct 1, 2016, 6:05:54 PM10/1/16
to CmisSync
Hi,

We just created a fresh install of alfresco5 community edition.
Setup a site
Setup sync with cmissync like we did before with alfresco4

It allows us to select the tree as usual (with homes, sites etc)
select the specific site to sync

we drop some files in the PC sync folder in order to get them loaded in alfresco
net result: they appear under repository -> Sites -> <sitename>
and NOT under the site itself (from within the menu and/or within the document library (where I would expect them)
the changes are visible under the site dashboard though

Is this something wrong on my side, on cmissync side or within Alfresco?

running cmissync 2.9.4
alfresco 5.x

Any pointer  as to why files end up invisible in the site within alfresco?

Thanks!
Piet

Nicolas Raoul

Oct 2, 2016, 6:39:13 AM10/2/16
to cmis...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Could you please send screenshots of the whole thing in Alfresco Share, and in Windows Explorer?

Thanks for your feedback!
Nicolas Raoul
CmisSync team
Aegif

Piet Honkoop

Oct 2, 2016, 8:21:52 AM10/2/16
to CmisSync
Thanks for your quick reply!

Screenshots:

In repository browser:

Top level of site:
(yes, the display name is with capital E, the URL name upon creation is with lower case e. Should not matter, right?

And in WinExplorer:

(created a non-standard sync directory with a fairly short name in order to allow longer paths)

Cmissync displays (when creating the link) the normal structure like when using alfresco4....

So I'm rather confused :)

Thanks for your help in this,

Piet

Op zondag 2 oktober 2016 00:05:54 UTC+2 schreef Piet Honkoop:
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3

Piet Honkoop

Oct 2, 2016, 8:30:14 AM10/2/16
to CmisSync
PS: syncing runs normally, configures normally (although removing a sync site from the client does not immediately remove the menu item, only after restart it disappears).
logs what is to be expected.

alfresco5 is setup to do change logging etc for optimization.

Regards,

Piet

Op zondag 2 oktober 2016 00:05:54 UTC+2 schreef Piet Honkoop:
Hi,

Nicolas Raoul

Oct 2, 2016, 9:00:48 AM10/2/16
to cmis...@googlegroups.com

Could you check inside your config.xml file?

Piet Honkoop

Oct 2, 2016, 9:27:47 AM10/2/16
to CmisSync
Please see below.
It points to remoteFolder /Sites/e[[SITENAME]] which seems (to me, but I'm no expert in the internal workings of alfresco5 share :) ) ok to me?

Again, thanks for your swift replies!

Regards,
Piet

<folders>
    <folder>
      <name>EGP5</name>
      <path>C:\Sync\EGP5</path>
      <url>http://[[ALFRESCO5HOST]]:8080/alfresco/api/-default-/public/cmis/versions/1.1/atom</url>
      <repository>-default-</repository>
      <remoteFolder>/Sites/e[[SITENAME]]</remoteFolder>
      <user>[[USERID]]</user>
      <password>[[ENCRYPTED PASS]]</password>
      <issuspended>false</issuspended>
      <syncatstartup>true</syncatstartup>
      <pollinterval>30000</pollinterval>
      <maxUploadRetries>2</maxUploadRetries>
      <maxDownloadRetries>2</maxDownloadRetries>
      <maxDeletionRetries>2</maxDeletionRetries>
      <features xsi:nil="true" />
    </folder>
  </folders>

Piet Honkoop

Oct 3, 2016, 8:11:58 PM10/3/16
to CmisSync
Does this shed any light for you?

I did a fresh install on a new PC, it did exactly the same.... started syncing happily, but without the docs showing up in alfresco site, only in repository...

Thanks,
Piet

Ray Saunders

Oct 7, 2016, 9:38:08 AM10/7/16
to CmisSync
Hi Nicolas,

I have the same experience with Alfresco Community 5.x.

Visibly, the difference that is occuring between other Repository folders and Sites can be seenn in the attached screenshot. Whereas any other Repository level folder will open sub-folders as in Alfresco 4.x, the sub-folders in Sites are not revealed but remain in a state of "pending ..." If you proceed to select a site and continue, the entire site internal tree is replicated by CmisSync, including its documentLibrary, blog, wiki etc. as in second screenshot. Not ideal, I think you'll agree. We'd much rather get down to the documentLibrary folder itself.

@ Piet: If you drop your files into the documentLibrary folder found within the site folder being synched by CmisSync, your uploaded files will appear in that sites Document Library. Currently you're dropping them into the enclosing folder of the site, hence they are "missing" from the Document Library.

I trust this additional information may help in resolving the case. We do like using CmisSync and I really don't want to lose it when we finally migrate to Alfresco Community 5.x.

Two solutions present themselves as possibilities... tell CmisSync to always append ../documentLibrary to any selected site within the Sites folder (if you can't get the drop-down to reveal itself, as things are currently) or get the drop-down to appear as with all other folders in the Repository.

I'm ready to test any bug-fix versions you care to release to me.

Thanks for your kind attention,

Ray
Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 15.22.06.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 15.29.03.png

Nicolas Raoul

Oct 7, 2016, 10:28:10 AM10/7/16
to cmis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ray,

Thanks for info!

How many sites do you have?

It does not work with out-of-the-box Alfresco either?

Cheers!
Nicolas Raoul
CmisSync team
Aegif

Piet Honkoop

Oct 8, 2016, 5:11:48 PM10/8/16
to CmisSync
Thanks Ray,
Helped me out to get things 'visible' for colleagues in the web interface at least :)

Initial load was done through cmissync indeed, confirming your observation.

Regards,
Piet

Ray Saunders

Oct 10, 2016, 8:51:41 AM10/10/16
to CmisSync
Hi Nicolas,

I've got about 60 share sites in total, although not using CmisSync with more than two or three of them currently.

I'm using the out-of-the-box community editon 201605 but with our own MySQL and alf_data replacing the original postgres and alf_data that comes with the installer. I didn't actually test CmisSync against the oirgianl insatllation as I had no reason to....

As I'm keen to get this fixed, however, I've just fresh-installed 201605 to test for you on the same server as my upgrade test server. The result is that the Sites folder and individual site folder in the default initial set-up work correctly. So...

So, I matched the site permissions on one of my test server sites to match the site permissions on the default configuration, but still no luck on getting the sites on my test server to expand sub folders. The permissions models are different because under Alfresco 4.0d, we didn't want everyone able to create share sites so we implemented the recommended way to create a "Share Site Managers" group for only those users permitted to create sites. That does not affect CmisSync in any way on our current production server. So...

I've attached an extract from my test server CmisSync log showing what happens when after a first few looks in different Repository folders, I then try to expand the Sites folder in a similar way and select one share site folder:

CmisSync.Lib.Cmis.CmisUtils [(null)] - CmisUtils getSubFolderTree | Exception Property 'blg:description' doesn't exist!

 Hope this helps,

Ray
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cmissync+u...@googlegroups.com.
MyTestServerCmisSync Log.txt

Ray Saunders

Oct 10, 2016, 9:08:42 AM10/10/16
to CmisSync
[SOLVED]

Well, sort off....

Instead of letting CmisSync work out its own string to expand the server address to for Alfresco 4.2+ (per this page https://github.com/aegif/CmisSync/wiki/What-address), I manually entered http://<mytestserver>/alfresco/cmisatom and everything works smoothly. So it seems that an upgraded Repository from an earlier version (4.0/4.1) still retains the need to be addressed in this way.... even whil erunning under version 5.0+.

Food for thought - how will CmisSync know to look for that transition?

Ray

Nicolas Raoul

Oct 10, 2016, 9:22:03 AM10/10/16
to cmis...@googlegroups.com
Extremely interesting!

Ray, would you mind taking Wireshark traces with your server using both URLs so that we can compare and find out where the problem is?
Right-click on a packet and select "Follow TCP stream" then send us the output (in private if confidential).

Thanks a lot!
Nicolas Raoul