CmisSync Won't Start Windows 8.1 after

Chris MK

Nov 26, 2015, 5:45:59 AM11/26/15
to CmisSync
Hi There,

I installed CmisSync and it worked fine for one day only. I didn't use the Laptop for a few days, now CmisSync won't start. I've uninstalled and re-installed but it won't even start up. The install is successful but it won't start up.

1. Where can I find the CmisSync log?

2. How can I get CmisSync to start up?

Thanks for your help

Nicolas Raoul

Nov 26, 2015, 6:23:57 AM11/26/15
to cmis...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

By any chance, have you ever installed a software called "FreeFileSync"?
It seems to be at the root of this similar-looking issue: https://github.com/aegif/CmisSync/issues/632

1.
CmisSync's log file can usually be found at C:\Users\nico\AppData\Roaming\cmissync\debug_log.txt (replace nico with your user name. Note: Configure Windows to show hidden files, otherwise you might not see AppData).

2.
Maybe CmisSync is actually running and the icon just failed to show up? It is not just hidden right? Is the CmisSync process running (a screenshot of Task Manager's "Processes" tab would help)

Thank you for the feedback!
Nicolas Raoul