syncing multiple documentstores

Piet Honkoop

Oct 26, 2015, 4:32:30 PM10/26/15
to CmisSync
Hi,

Can cmissync synchronise 2 different sites' documentstores (alfresco) to a local disk if changelog is enabled?

What I notice is that both repositories continuously synchronise (which is no fun if the document stores are ~5GB each with a zillion small files).

Another PC that syncs with cmissync 1 of the 2 documentstores has no issues whatsoever. Only the one with 2 documentstores...

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Piet

Nicolas Raoul

Oct 26, 2015, 9:14:59 PM10/26/15
to cmis...@googlegroups.com
Hello Piet,

Synchronizing one or two or many sites is not supposed to make a difference, and CmisSync should not sync continuously.

About the other PC that has no issue: is this other PC connected to a different Alfresco, or to the same one?

In such cases, I usually suggest to `tail -f` the log file to see when the changelog token changes.

Thanks for using CmisSync!
Nicolas Raoul
Aegif

Piet Honkoop

Oct 27, 2015, 3:12:19 PM10/27/15
to CmisSync
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your rapid feedback!

Both connect to the same Alfresco server. the Alfresco server has sites A & B
PC 1 synchronises only site A, works correctly
PC 2 syncs A & B, this one runs forever...

the point is that PC2 only seems to get the change token from site A, not from B.
Already tried adding a document through the web interface to site B in order to start the change tracking as per the cmissync site instructions, but to no avail.
Is change tracking by any chance per site? From the Alfresco config I didn't think so but given the above scenario, I start to doubt ;)

Any hints?

Thanks,

Piet

Nicolas Raoul

Oct 28, 2015, 7:16:45 AM10/28/15
to cmis...@googlegroups.com
Hello Piet,

Each Alfresco server only has one single ChangeLog. All sites in the same Alfresco instance share the same ChangeLog.

So, if you upload a document, for both A and B CmisSync will check whether the change is relevant to that particular site, and launch a full sync if yes.

At what point does CmisSync deviate from this nominal behavior?

Cheers!
Nicolas Raoul

Piet Honkoop

Oct 30, 2015, 5:46:43 PM10/30/15
to CmisSync
Hi Nicolas,

ok, so the scheme is (if I understand it correctly) as follows:

I update a document in site A.
the changelog counter gets bumped
PC 1 comes along and checks for updates based on the changelog
it sees the log counter is different and starts a full sync for both site A and B.
Correct?

Because at that point, it is no use to sync 2 sites :(

That is what we see on that 1 PC: it keeps on running full sync (and downloading everything) on Site B.

Whereas the other PC simply syncs the delta on Site A (it only knows of Site A).

Thanks!

Piet