database disk image is malformed

Mihaela V

Nov 28, 2016, 5:46:19 AM11/28/16
to CmisSync
Hi,

I got this error in the log files:

ERROR CmisSync.Lib.Database.Database [(null)] - Could not execute SQL: SELECT localPath FROM files WHERE path=@path; {"path":"XXX"}
System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): database disk image is malformed

Do you know what might be the cause of this error?

Thanks

Nicolas Raoul

Nov 28, 2016, 5:49:00 AM11/28/16
to cmis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mihaela,

It seems that somehow the database file got malformed.

The good thing is that CmisSync can re-create this file.
Please:

1) Stop CmisSync
2) Delete the .cmissync files (in the same folder as the log file)
3) Restart CmisSync

It should solve the issue.

Kind regards,
Nicolas Raoul
CmisSync team
Aegif

Mihaela V

Nov 29, 2016, 3:34:45 AM11/29/16
to CmisSync
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply.

I followed your instructions, and deleted only the .cmissync files but then when I start CmisSync again I get this message for every single file in the folder that is being synchronized.

User XXX added a file named YYY at the same time as you.
Your version has been renamed to YYY(2), please merge your important changes from it and then delete it.

Please keep in mind that the size of the folder that I am synchronizing is 150GB, so first of all I am going to get thousands of messages and my pc is going to freeze. Also the synchronizing folder is going to become 300GB, because every single file will be duplicated.
I am afraid this is not the best solution, especially because this is for a client of mine that is using Alfresco, rather than for myself, which makes the problem even bigger :)

I also thought about deleting every file in the folder where the logs are, so that I will completely stop the synchronization task, but the problem is that CmisSync cannot synchronize existing folders, and it will be tricky to make my client do the whole setup all over again.

Do you have any other suggestions or maybe resolution to the problem?

Regards,
Mihaela

Nicolas Raoul

Nov 29, 2016, 3:45:30 AM11/29/16
to cmis...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mihaela,

Strange!

Deleting the database should not trigger any conflict, if the files have not changed.

Otherwise, the simplest would be to do the steup all over again, I am afraid. https://github.com/aegif/CmisSync/wiki/Reset-settings

How many instances of the CmisSync program are you running?

Kind regards,
Nicolas Raoul
CmisSync team
Aegif

Mihaela V

Nov 29, 2016, 4:05:05 AM11/29/16
to CmisSync
Well, I guess I am going to do the setup from scratch.

Thank you very much Nicolas for your help.

Regards,
Mihaela