Re: listing with Chemistry

Florent Guillaume

Mar 12, 2009, 7:41:01 AM3/12/09
to cmis-i...@googlegroups.com
[Shane, I hope you don't mind me redirecting to cmis-interop, but this
is of wider interest.]

Actually I'm not sure why one would want in CMIS/AtomPub to compare
types using URIs, given that:
- a type entry has a cmis:typeId element,
- an object entry has a <cmis:propertyId cmis:name="ObjectTypeId">
element,
and a type comparison can be done using those.

URIs give access to the resource but they're not guaranteed to be
unique (the AtomPub spec mentions, in some other context, the
possibility of have a content URI that points to a cached version of a
media, whereas the edit-media link would point to another).

If you really want a URI for the entry (and in your other
application), then yes "self" makes much more sense that
"alternate" ("alternate" being also the semantics of a link without
any rel).

Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo