Unable to connect to Documentum

ukdavo

Sep 15, 2009, 6:24:27 AM9/15/09
to CMIS Explorer
Hi there

I tried connecting to a Documentum system using CMIS Explorer 0.62 on
WinXP but am not able to progress past the login page. I entered the
repository URL, username & password then clicked Submit. All that
happens is that the Submit button becomes disabled. I tried entering
the wrong password to see if that would generate an authentication
error - and it does so I'm pretty sure that its communicating with the
CMIS web service.

I realise that Documentum are not as up to date with the CMIS spec.
I'm using their EA2 version which apparently supports CMIS 0.5 (SOAP &
ATOM). Should CMIS Explorer support older versions of the CMIS spec or
has the spec changed too much between 0.5 and 0.62?

Cheers

PS
I'm pretty sure that the CMIS web service is OK as I managed to
connect to it via JavaScript-based CMIS/ATOM client.

Shane Johnson

Sep 15, 2009, 10:18:32 AM9/15/09
to cmis-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

While the differences between the 0.5 and 0.62 are minor (to me at least), they are enough to break backwards compatibility. It came down to a lot of element/attribute name changes, along with some namespace changes as well. Also, the inclusion of the baseType property allowed me to rework things so that they were a tad bit more efficient.

As you alluded to, the most recent version of CMIS Explorer will only support the 0.62 specification. However, you should be able to use the 0.4 version of CMIS Explorer with EA2.

Shane