using make instead of Ninja

Nick Markham

Apr 25, 2022, 2:37:12 PM4/25/22
to cmake4eclipse user mailing list
With Eclipse 4.23 on Ubuntu 20.04 I get this error when trying to build my project:

"CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Ninja".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool."

I'm not clear why cmake4eclipse is trying to use Ninja or (more importantly) how to tell it to use make instead.  https://github.com/15knots/cmake4eclipse/issues/71 mentions a setting "Buildscript generator (-G)" which sounds like what I'm looking for, but it's supposed to be under "C/C++ Build -> CMake -> Host OS overrides" and I don't have that.  Actually, I don't have "C/C++ Build -> CMake" at all, but I have "C/C++ Build -> Cmake4eclipse" which I assume is the same thing.  There's no "Host OS overrides" there or anywhere else though.

Have I done something wrong importing my project maybe?  Any help would be appreciated!

Martin Weber

Apr 26, 2022, 12:48:03 PM4/26/22
to cmake4ecl...@googlegroups.com
See [1].
As of version 3.x, it is now set per-workbench in Windows > Preferences > C/C+
+ > Cmake4eclipse

[1] https://github.com/15knots/cmake4eclipse/issues/169

--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.

Nick Markham

Apr 26, 2022, 4:12:26 PM4/26/22
to cmake4eclipse user mailing list
Aha!  Sure enough, after changing "Default build system" there, I can build via Makefiles now.  Thanks!