What is it doing for 30 seconds before each build?

scla...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2019, 11:05:32 AM6/13/19
to cmake4eclipse user mailing list
Hi,
I've set up an existing project with cmake4eclipse according to the user guide in the Eclipse help. As far as I can tell, all the features of cmake4eclipse that are relevant to me are working fine. However every time I do a build (release or debug), Eclipse twiddles its thumbs for 30+ seconds before kicking off the CMake-generated build. This is a show stopper for me.

I've looked at the CDT Global Build console, the CDT Build Console, and the CMake Console. None of them show any activity during this 30-second pause. Is there some other place to look, to see what Eclipse is doing? This can't be normal.

The project has around 5000 source files. In case you were wondering, having CMake configure and generate Makefiles takes a couple seconds. That is not the problem.

Thanks,
Steve

Martin Weber

Jun 13, 2019, 2:25:17 PM6/13/19
to cmake4ecl...@googlegroups.com
Am Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2019, 17:05:32 CEST schrieb scla...@gmail.com:
> Hi,

Hi Steve,

> I've set up an existing project with cmake4eclipse according to the user
> guide in the Eclipse help. As far as I can tell, all the features of
> cmake4eclipse that are relevant to me are working fine. However every time
> I do a build (release or debug), Eclipse twiddles its thumbs for 30+
> seconds before kicking off the CMake-generated build. This is a show

cmake4eclipse just generates the build-scripts, it does not implement any
logic that triggers or runs a build. Running a build is done by CDT, so I
suspect CDT is the culprit.

> I've looked at the CDT Global Build console, the CDT Build Console, and the
> CMake Console. None of them show any activity during this 30-second pause.
> Is there some other place to look, to see what Eclipse is doing? This

The error log view, or the log file written by eclipse.

--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr.