Cluster stack and Pi5

bowguy

Oct 10, 2023, 11:07:25 PM10/10/23
to ClusterHAT
Just wondering if the new Pi5 will work in the cluster stack.  Form look the same but they are saying it will need more power.

Chris Burton

Oct 16, 2023, 11:48:30 AM10/16/23
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
Just wondering if the new Pi5 will work in the cluster stack.  Form look the same but they are saying it will need more power.

I haven't got a Pi5 to check it physically fits, I'm still waiting for the pre-order like most people and it's probably going to be a while after that before I can get 5 to fully test with.

The Cluster Stack is rated for 51W (5.1V*10A) so it depends where your usage fits - if it's at the stress-ng levels of 37W for five Pi 5 then it should power it without issue but if your usages is closer to the 60W for five Pi 5 then you're likely to see throttling.

Chris.