eth0 changes to eth2, Pi Zero's change address to 172.x.x.x

Mark Strickland Emery

Mar 30, 2024, 3:49:15 AMMar 30
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
I have a working ClusterHAT setup that out of the blue changes eth0 to eth2, all Pi Zero switch from bridged DHCP addresses in my 10.0.0.0/23 LAN to 172 addresses that only the host can reach.
Anyone else seeing this? It last happened for me a couple of months ago, did it again this morning.
Thanks,
Mark

Chris Burton

Mar 30, 2024, 5:13:35 AMMar 30
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
I have a working ClusterHAT setup that out of the blue changes eth0 to eth2, all Pi Zero switch from bridged DHCP addresses in my 10.0.0.0/23 LAN to 172 addresses that only the host can reach.
Anyone else seeing this? It last happened for me a couple of months ago, did it again this morning.

When you say eth0 changes to eth2 does it change whilst the Pi is running or does it change following a reboot or power off/on?
What do the logs show when it changes?
Which image are you running on the controller (If you don't know "cat /etc/os-release" should show the Debian version) and have you installed any additional software / made any config changes?
Which model of Pi are you using as the controller?
Is there much difference between "ip a" before/after it goes wrong?

Chris.