How to power zeros on start up

Sebastien

Jul 21, 2021, 10:22:14 AM7/21/21
to ClusterHAT
Hello

Sorry if this question is stupid. It's my first time building a cluster at all. Is there a way to power up the raspberry pi zeros when I switch on the raspberry pi 4b that is my controller.

thank you
Sebastien

Chris Burton

Jul 21, 2021, 3:16:17 PM7/21/21
to ClusterHAT
Hi,
Sorry if this question is stupid. It's my first time building a cluster at all. Is there a way to power up the raspberry pi zeros when I switch on the raspberry pi 4b that is my controller.

You can use crontab to power them on at reboot with the below line.

@reboot (/usr/bin/sleep 4m;/usr/sbin/clusterctrl on)

Your clusterctrl script might be in /sbin/clusterctrl or /usr/sbin/clusterctrl currently - you can check by running "which clusterctrl" and then alter the line above if needed.

Chris.